An energy-efficient home is not only better for the environment, it is easier on your checkbook, too. An energy assessment is a great way to find out where you can make improvements so you can maximize your energy savings. Although energy assessments are offered year round, we recommend booking your assessment in the spring or fall.
Thermal Analysis Works Better When It’s Cold
When thermal imaging cameras are used to detect air leaks, cold outdoor temperatures provide the best results. Because of this, winter is usually the peak season for energy assessments and long waiting lists are not uncommon. On the other hand, spring and fall temperatures are chilly enough for successful assessments, especially in areas where the temperatures dip below 50 overnight. Schedule your energy assessment for the spring or fall to beat the rush and get excellent results.
Plenty of Time for Repairs
While a winter assessment will give you great results, it can be tricky to schedule upgrades or repairs during the peak heating season. Most professionals will be busy keeping people warm and tending to emergencies, and you might have to put off your improvements until things slow down. If your energy assessment is an off-peak heating or cooling season, you will have plenty of time to schedule upgrades or repairs before the busy season begins.
An energy assessment is a great way to solve small problems before they become major headaches. When you schedule your energy audit, you will get:
• Infrared Testing (if applicable). Thermal imaging helps to display where heat is escaping from your home so you can seal it up.
• Heating Equipment Testing. Your equipment must be safe as well as efficient, and even minor repairs can lead to big savings.
• Duct Testing. Your ducts carry heated and cooled air throughout your home. If you are losing energy during the transportation process, you’re throwing money away.
• Blower Door Testing. This process uses air pressure to find cracks and gaps that are allowing air leaks.
• Screening for Rebates. All Energy Monster assessments include screening for any local rebates and discounts to make sure you’re not missing out on important savings.
• Customized Report. Once the testing process is complete, you will get a detailed assessment of the results along with suggestions for improvements.
Don’t wait until you think you have a problem, or until your energy bills suddenly spike. Schedule an energy assessment now so you can nip small problems in the bud.