Thinking about scheduling your Mass Save home energy assessment? Already have an appointment on the books? Here are a few questions to help you make the most of your time with your energy advisor. Your energy advisor is part of your success team to help you:
- Save money
- Save energy
- Increase health and safety in your home
- Reduce your home’s carbon footprint
- Improve your home’s comfort
Before your energy assessment, it may help to ask:
- What’s included in my home energy assessment? While we provide a high level overview on our website, we’re always adding new features and tests to our audit. Our friendly customer service representatives can give you the scoop on:
- All of the safety checks,
- Energy loss tests, and
- Energy-saving devices that come with your assessment.
- How long will my assessment take? We estimate that they take about an hour. However, if you’re pressed for time, we can provide a more accurate time estimate based on the square footage of your home.
- What kind of tests will you do during the assessment? Your energy advisor will play the role of detective and search out all of the areas in your home where you’re losing energy. If you know ahead of time that he/she will need access to your utility closet at the end of your cluttered hallway, for example, you can plan to clear a path in preparation for his/her visit.
Here are a few questions you should ask during your no-cost Mass Save home energy assessment:
So, how is my home’s energy efficiency?
If you’re lucky, your energy advisor will confirm that your home is a green, energy-saving machine. For the less lucky homeowner, the number of problems your energy advisor may uncover can get overwhelming. Be sure to ask your energy advisor for a report or write-up detailing what improvements your home needs. That way you’ll have something to refer to when you make your next Home Depot trip or call up a contractor to do the work.
Are there any Mass Save rebates/incentives that I qualify for?
Your energy advisor can point you in the right direction for Mass Save rebates. They can help you learn whether you qualify for specific rebates and even help you fill out/submit any paperwork required. With the Mass Save program, you can save big on:
- ENERGY STAR-certified heating and hot water appliances
- Insulation installations through the 0% Mass Save HEAT loan
- Ductless mini-splits, and more
What are some other ways I can save money and energy?
The possibilities are virtually endless when it comes to improving the efficiency of your home. Did you know that you could go as far as eliminating your electric bill by installing solar panels? Or what about heating/cooling only the rooms in your home that are in use by installing ductless mini-splits? Perhaps revamping your outlets to have night lights and USB ports? Your Energy Monster energy advisor can help you put together an energy-saving strategy that is tailored to your needs.
Excited to transform your home into the energy-efficient oasis you’ve always dreamt it could be? We’re excited to not only answer your questions, but also tackle your energy-efficient projects. We can answer even the toughest challenges.