When was the last time you replaced your heater? If it’s been more than ten years, it might be time to consider a replacement. Heaters are an essential part of any home, and if they’re not functioning correctly, they can lead to all sorts of problems.
You may need to replace your heater if:
- you have higher than normal energy bills
- you experience uneven heating throughout your home
- your heater needs repairs frequently
Signs That You Need to Replace Your Heater
If your room heater is not working correctly, it could result in higher utility bills and unnecessary repairs. This is the most prominent and best reason to replace your heater with a ductless mini-split system instead of having costly maintenance done on an old one. Is your HVAC system energy efficient? If not, there are some signs you may need to replace your heating system.
High Energy Costs
If your old space heater or heating system skyrockets your utility bill, it may be time to replace it. Ductless mini-splits are great for saving energy because they use less electricity than traditional heaters—this means that these systems cost significantly less than gas or electric furnaces too! You’ll also get more control over how much heat goes since there isn’t any ductwork involved.
If you notice that your heater isn’t keeping your home as warm as it used to and feels drafty, then this might be a good time for an upgrade.
Ductless mini-splits are great at providing even temperature throughout the entire house because they’re not dependent on ducts or vents like traditional systems.
Increased Repair Frequency
If your heater is more than 10 years old, it might be time for a replacement, especially if you constantly have to have it repaired. The newer models are much more energy-efficient and will save you money in the long run.
Factors to Consider When Replacing Your Heater
When it comes time to replace your heater, there are a few factors you’ll need to consider.
- The size of your home: If you have a large house, you’ll need a larger heater than someone with a smaller one. Be sure to consult with an HVAC professional to determine the right size for your home.
- Your budget: Heaters can be expensive, but there are many options available that will fit any budget. Ductless-mini splits are often more affordable than traditional heating systems, and they offer many benefits!
- Safety features: Make sure to choose a heater with safety features that you feel comfortable with. Many heaters come with features like automatic shut-offs and timers, which can help prevent accidents.
- Energy efficiency: If you’re looking for a heater that’s more energy-efficient, consider buying one with variable speed settings. These heaters will use less electricity than traditional models do, which means they’ll cost less money to run overtime.
- Your lifestyle: If you have a large family or like to entertain, you’ll need a heater that can handle more than just one room. A traditional heater might not be the best option in this case. Consult with an HVAC professional to find out about ductless-mini splits.
The Cost of a New Energy Efficient Space Heater
When it comes time to replace your heater, there are a few factors you’ll need to consider. The size of your home, your budget, and the safety features of the heater are all essential things to consider. But, one of the most important aspects of any heater is its energy efficiency.
Maintenance Tips for Keeping Your Heater Running Smoothly
Check the filter at least once a month and change it if necessary. Changing the filter will help prevent dust buildup, which can cause problems with airflow through your heater’s vents or ductwork system.
The Best Energy Efficient Space Heaters
Portable space heaters are great for keeping your space comfortable. Some space heaters can increase your electric bill. When choosing a new heater, find one that will heat evenly and is an energy-efficient space heater.
- Dr. Infrared Space Heaters – The infrared electric heater is one of the best overall portable space heaters. It comes with a programmable thermostat and has three different heat settings, including automatic, high, and low. It doubles as a humidifier and can prevent the warm air from getting too dry.
- Lasko Space Heater – Lasko offers an electric space heater which is also a ceramic heater. It has a blower that effectively oscillates the heat around the space. This ceramic heater stays cool around the outside to prevent you from getting burned. It also has a safety feature to keep it from getting tipped over.
- Brighton Mini Desk Portable Space Heater – Brighton offers some of the most reliable energy-efficient space heaters. This portable ceramic heater is one of the most efficient electric space heaters that are great for small spaces but only has two heat settings. Ceramic heaters also are known for staying cool on the outside for safety reasons.
- Pelonis Oil Filled Radiator Heater – Oil-filled radiators aren’t as popular as they used to be, but Pelonis offers a great option. It is an energy-efficient electric space heater that uses less wattage to reach the programmed temperature. This oil-filled radiator comes with a remote control to easily set the temperature.
- Vornado VH10 Space Heater – Vornado’s VH10 space heaters can easily heat a small to medium-sized room. It’s one of the best basic portable heaters available. The ceramic heating element combines with a fan to spiral hot air and quickly osculates heat output evenly.
Ductless-Mini Split Heaters
When it comes time to replace your heater, there are many different options available. If you’re looking for an energy-efficient heater that fits within your budget, consider replacing your old heater with a ductless-mini split heater. Most space heaters can get the job done temporarily, but for long-lasting comfort, you need to invest in the best.