Are you looking to increase the value of your home? One of the best things you can do is improve energy efficiency. There are various ways to reduce energy consumption, and each will help you save money on your energy costs while also making your home more attractive to buyers. Here we’ll discuss some of the best ways to increase energy efficiency in your home. We’ll also talk about the benefits of doing so, both for you and for potential buyers down the road.
Adding solar panels is one of the best ways to increase energy efficiency in your home. Not only will they provide energy savings, but they’ll also increase the value of your home.
How do solar panels work?
Solar panels convert sunlight into electricity. The electricity converted can be used to power your home or stored in a battery for later use. Solar panels are strategically placed on the roof of your home and collect energy from the sun.
What are the benefits of solar panels?
The benefits of solar panels are numerous. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Reduced energy usage: Solar panels save energy by using the sun’s rays as a source of clean energy.
- Financial incentives for improving energy efficiency: You can sometimes receive a tax break or rebate incentive when you make home improvements geared towards using less energy.
- Reduced environmental impact: Solar panels help reduce emissions, save fossil fuels, and save energy.
Is solar energy cost-effective?
The cost of installing a solar energy system has come down significantly in recent years, and it’s now more affordable than ever. In some cases, it may even be cheaper to install solar panels than it is to purchase electricity from the grid.
Another home improvement project to increase energy efficiency is by adding insulation. Insulation helps with heating and cooling during the winter and summer months, which can lead to significant savings on your energy bill. It’s also a relatively affordable upgrade, and it can be done yourself, but in most cases should be installed by a professional contractor. Insulation can help your heating and cooling system run smoothly and not work as hard.
Types of Insulation
There are various types of insulation on the market today, each with its own set of benefits. Some of the most popular styles include:
This is one of the most common forms of insulation, and it’s available in both batt and blown form. It’s made from fiberglass batting installed in walls, ceilings, and attics.
Cellulose insulation is made from recycled paper products and is often sprayed in place. It’s an excellent choice for homes with high humidity, as it resists mold and mildew.
Spray Foam Insulation
This insulation is made from polyurethane foam and is sprayed in place. It’s effective at preventing air leaks and can seal leaks and cracks.
Benefits of Insulation
The benefits of insulation are numerous. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Increased indoor air quality
- Moisture control
- Reduce heating and cooling costs
- Keep your home comfortable year-round
- Less energy waste by keeping cold hot air out during the winter and summer months
Adding a ductless mini-split is another excellent way to increase energy efficiency in your home. Mini-split systems allow you to heat or cool individual rooms, which can result in significant savings on your energy bills. They can be paired with a programmable thermostat to help keep your home comfortable every season of the year. They’re also an excellent option for homes without central air conditioning or heating or small homes and appartments where space is limited.
What are ductless mini-splits?
Ductless mini-splits are air conditioning systems that don’t require ductwork. They consist of an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units mounted on the wall or ceiling.
How do ductless mini-splits work?
The outdoor unit of a ductless mini-split system collects heat from the sun or the ground and sends it inside to the indoor units. The indoor air handling units then use this heat to cool or warm the room.
What are the benefits of ductless mini-splits?
Some of the main benefits of ductless mini-splits include:
- Cut your heating bill down
- It saves space in your home as they don’t take as much room and don’t require ductwork.
- Improve air quality
- Customized temperatures for each room keep everyone in the family happy
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Home
Having an energy-efficient home can be a big selling point to buyers if you decide to sell. It can also save you money in the long run. Solar panels, insulation, and a ductless mini-split have an initial investment that you need to consider, but the savings you can see on your heating bill add up over time. The more energy we save, the better our wallets and the environment will be.
Other ways you can improve your home’s efficiency include:
- Upgrade your appliances: Most energy-efficient appliances will be energy-star rated and have their logo, so you know they are designed to conserve energy. This can include your heating and cooling system. If your current system seems sluggish, it may be time to replace the air filters. You should replace your air filters on a regular schedule.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs: This is a new design for the standard light bulb, but they last way longer and use less energy. Light bulbs are easy to switch out, and you can find energy-efficient bulbs at most retail stores.
- Energy-efficient windows and doors: Replacing doors and windows can be pricey at first, but newer models conserve energy and keep warm or cool air out and conditioned air in. Look for energy star windows and doors when you decide to start replacing them.
- Install a programmable thermostat: It can keep your HVAC system from overworking and reduce energy usage by keeping it at the optimal temperature all day long.
Who can help me increase my home’s value with energy efficiency?
Your local Energy Monster team in Worcester, MA is here and ready to improve your home energy efficiency today! We are the experts in assessing and creating a plan to make your home more environmentally friendly and comfortable. Our team of energy professionals knows how to effectively and efficiently install solar panels, insulation, and our favorite, Mitusbishi Ductless Mini-splits. Some home projects can be done DIY, but leave it to the energy experts and allow us to help save energy. Give us a call at (855) 627-7674.