If there’s one thing Massachusetts homeowners know, it’s how to handle the weather. From hot and muggy summers to cold and snowy winters, staying comfortable inside takes a bit of work. If you’re looking for a better way to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter–while also saving a bit of cash–it’s time to take a look at the ductless mini-split.
From retrofitting and old house with no ducts to simple solutions for heating and cooling additions and converted spaces, ductless mini-splits are powerful, efficient, DIY friendly, and eligible for our interest-free loans. Let’s take a look.
How it Works
Made from a two-part system, the mini-split has an outdoor condensing unit to discharge heat and an indoor unit to provide cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. There’s no need for ductwork to connect the two, just a small pipe. The indoor unit can be placed virtually anywhere in the room, and multiple indoor units can connect to a single outdoor unit. Simple.
Why You Want a Ductless Mini-Split
Upgrading to any energy-efficient heating and cooling system is a great way to add value to your home while saving money every month on your energy bills. Here’s why we think the ductless mini-split is the right choice.
- Easy Installation. No technician or lengthy renovations necessary, a mini-split system is fast and easy to install yourself so you start saving money right away. Plus, the indoor unit can be wall-mounted, installed in a drop ceiling, or suspended from the ceiling so you don’t have to rearrange your life for the extra comfort.
- Compact Means Efficiency. Ductwork not only takes up space, it’s also a great way to waste expensive heated and cooled air as it travels through your home. With no ducts, you save up to 30% on energy costs with no duct loss.
- No Renovation. We love historic Massachusetts homes and know you don’t want to damage yours or change the character and charm by running ugly duct lines. Ductless mini-splits require no major changes to the structure of your home.
The Benefits of a Ductless HVAC System for MA Homeowners
- Super Simple Zoning. Home improvement shows are quick to point out the benefits of a zoned HVAC system, but often don’t mention that they require a complex assortment of thermostats, heat sensors, and a program to keep it all together. With a ductless mini-split system, you simply turn off the unit if you’re not in the room. Presto.
- Customized Comfort. Feeling a little warm? Grab the remote (or your smartphone) and bump the temperature down a couple degrees. Set schedules, control units in another room, and enjoy personalized comfort and savings at the touch of a button.
- Simple Add-Ons. A mini-split only needs to be in the rooms you want to heat and cool, and you can add more indoor units when you need to. That means you can build an addition with less hassle, convert your garage without the fuss of adding ducts, or remodel your basement in comfort.
- Easy on the Eyes. There’s no need to block the windows, cut large holes in exterior walls, or rearrange your decor to accommodate a mini-split. Because the indoor unit can be installed virtually anywhere–including the ceiling–they fit easily into your lifestyle.
Show Me the Money!
A ductless mini-split is less expensive than adding a ducted system to your home. Plus, you can offset the cost of a new system with a 0% Mass Save Heat Loan. Qualified homeowners can receive up to $25,000 to cover the cost of energy efficient upgrades. Energy Monster will even help you with the paperwork to make it simple and fast.
As your local green expert and energy-saving partner, Energy Monster can help keep your house cooler in the summer while cutting your monthly costs. Let us help get you on your way to easy and efficient savings with a ductless mini-split system. Find out more.